Does your mom love the family dog just as much as she loves her kids?
If you remember begging your Mom for a canine companion when you were a child, well... chances are that you probably remember her taking care of "your" pooch for you too! With so much love to give, it's no wonder our mothers treat our four-legged siblings just as well as their own sons and daughters.
It's time to appreciate all of the hard work and love that Mom gives to the whole family, so here are some great gift ideas that any dog-loving Mom will enjoy this Mother's Day!
Since cards are customary for any holiday, why not get one that's decorated in dogs. You can find one at your local store, but this card (pictures on the right) from Not on the High Street is especially adorable!
Why not make things a little easier for Mom with pet products that do a little bit of the work for you?! The FURminator can help remove some loose hair from a dog's coat, resulting in less of a mess to clean up around the house and auto-refilling water bowls drastically reduce the amount of time spent refreshing a dog's water!
There are so many companies that can create beautiful, custom artwork featuring your four-legged friend, and here is a list of our favorites:
1. Pop Your Pup! creates a unique and fun pop-art version of your pooch to style a shirt of your choice. They also offer a gift card to provide a customizable, last minute gift!
2. A BarkBox subscription is another great, last minute gift that both dog and human can enjoy. Each month the send you a new and unique assortment of treats and toys!
3. Snapfish can customize just about any photo into memorabilia. Great for any dog-lover, a pillow with your pet's face is pretty hard to resist!
4. Cafe Press has gifts any "Dog Mom" will love from t-shirts to mugs to silly bumper stickers!
5. A Pet Photography session is a fun way for your Mom to spend time with her four-legged friend and always remember with a custom pet portrait. Look for a local pet photographer and set up a session!
6. If the dog has an overwhelming sense for adventure, a "Call My Mom" name tag is such a cute way for your Mom to do what she does best: come to the rescue!
This custom dog tag was found on Etsy and there are a bunch of cute and customizable options!
7. Last but not least, and my personal favorite, is a book called A Dog's Purpose written by W. Bruce Cameron. Narrated from a pooch's point of view, this is a great read for any and all dog lovers!
With all of these great gift ideas, we hope that you can provide the most thoughtful and fun Mother's Day yet!
Alison has been with Dan's Dog Walking and Pet Sitting since 2014 and has loved every second of it! She frequently hikes with her dog Maggie in the woods (click link to watch the awesome video!) and loves playing with her on the beach. Aly is a major advocate for the use of all natural pet products and specializes not only in giving animals the highest level of care, but also in creating educational material for our clients on how to best care for their pets with organic solutions.